Current Calls and Opportunities
Applications are now open for the Early Career Leadership Development Scholarship! The FIP Foundation in collaboration with ECPG, will award six scholarships to assist early career pharmacists or pharmaceutical scientists to attend the 2024 FIP world congress and participate in the Leadership Development Workshop in September in Cape Town, South Africa.
To read the eligibility criteria and to apply, scan the QR code or click here. Application deadline: 15 February 2024.
We continue to support our members by providing scholarship and grant opportunities for the early career pharmacists, pharmaceutical scientists and educators for Cape Town congress with the FIP Foundation! For detailed information and the application procedures of other grants and scholarships, please visit the Foundation website on this link.
FIP ECPG/IPSF Students and Early Career Pharmacists Registration Package
|Registrations for the 82nd FIP world congress are now open! FIP ECPG in collaboration with IPSF is offering an exclusive package for pharmacy students and early career professionals!
The package is available to a maximum of 50 people on a first come first serve basis, so make sure to register to save your spot to receive exclusive benefits (see image).
Register here before 31 May.
What happened at the previous FIP world congress (2023)
ECPG was proud to have organised, co-organised, chaired and/or facilitated a number of sessions and workshops at the 2023 FIP world congress in Brisbane. These sessions included:
- 4th Leadership Development Workshop
- AI in a Lab Box Session
- Digital Pharmacy Summit
- Healthcare Hackathon: Improving quality of life through innovation in pharmaceutical care
- Novel roles of pharmacists in future healthcare systems on both sides of the digital divide
- FIP Workforce Symposium 2023: Accelerating towards 2030: Workforce transformation for better health
- Unique pharmacy careers: Innovation in pharmacy to deliver the development goals
- Meeting today’s challenges and preparing for the future in military pharmacy
- FIP Foundation Programme – Celebrate successes and join in planning our future work
- Professional sustainability and positive practice in community pharmacy: supporting the pharmacy workforce globally
ECPG organised the 4th Leadership Development Workshop, in collaboration with the FIP Foundation and the FIP Academic Pharmacy Section. A diverse range of speakers spoke on various topics, including person-centred leadership, ethical leadership, how to get involved with pharmacy organisations from a local to international level, project management skills, leadership styles, succession planning, how to run effective meetings and communication skills. The Leadership Development Scholarship recipients from the six WHO regions each spoke about their exciting projects to further the profession in their home country.
Participants of the 4th Leadership Development Workshop in Brisbane, Australia, September 2023
There was strong ECPG representation at other social and official events by ECPG team members during the congress to promote engagement and to boost visibility of ECPG. These included international receptions, FIP Section and Council dinners and official business meetings.
ECPG also had its own booth at the congress, where attendees could learn more about ECPG, take photos, and to connect with one another. ECPG also sold t-shirts designed in collaboration with the FIP Foundation.
ECPG also held the Early Career Social Night where members could relax, have fun and connect around food and drinks by the Brisbane river.
Early Career Social Night, 26 September 2023
ECPG-IPSF Students & Early Career Pharmacists Package
ECPG collaborated with IPSF to offer students and early career pharmacists an exclusive all-in-one congress package, offering congress registration, access to pre-congress programmes, social events, accommodation, meals and an excursion to the Australia Zoo.
Excursion to the Australia Zoo, 28 September 2023
The ECPG annual report 2023 is available here.
ECPG officially launched its Strategic Plan 2023-2030 in a digital event on 13 December 2023. The Strategic Plan details key strategic priorities that will help to inform and set the goals ahead for early career pharmacists, pharmaceutical scientists, and educators globally. You can read the Strategic Plan here.
Webinars, digital events and networking events
The ECPG has organised and/or collaborated in many digital events in recent years. Some of the recent virtual events are shared below.
- FIP ECPG Strategic Plan 2023-2030 Launch: Setting the Goals Ahead for the Early Career Pharmacists, Pharmaceutical Scientists and Educators Globally. The recording of the webinar can be accessed by ECPG members through this link.
- Developing a high-quality research proposal – FIP Foundation and ECPG Professional Innovation Grant. The recording of the webinar can be accessed by ECPG members through this link.
- Learn, grow and develop: Opportunities for personal and professional growth with ECPG. The recording of the webinar can be accessed by ECPG members through this link.
- Learn, grow and develop – Part 2: A curriculo preview with ECPG. The recording of the webinar can be accessed by ECPG members through this link.
Guidelines and Resources
ECPG has authored many guidelines and resources to support early career pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists. You can find the list of full ECPG publications in the FIP Library here. Some recent guidelines include the:
- Guideline for establishing an early career pharmaceutical organisation
- Alumni Guidelines
- Guideline on how to become an ECPG member